S.S. John Smeaton
The P. M. Anderson was built by McCloskey and Company in Tampa, Florida and launched on November 28, 1943. She was used to trade sugar by A.H. Bull and Company and later used as store ship in the South Pacific.
In 1948, the ship was finally purchased by the Powell River Company and used as the first concrete ship in their giant floating breakwater.
The S.S. John Smeaton is still afloat as part of a breakwater on the Powell River in British Columbia, Canada.
Photo Source: Richard Powers
Click on the photo for a larger image
(Courtesy of John Campbell)
Gross Weight: 4,690 Tons
Net Weight: 2,738 Tons
Dimensions: 102.53 meters x 16.45 m x 10.66 m
Engine: T.3-cyl, Prescott Mehy Co.